Age Minimum (with Adult): 22+, Minimum Age:22+
Roosevelt Career Day
Volunteer with United Way of Greater Los Angeles, Theodore Roosevelt High School, and the Promesa Boyle Heights Collaborative at their Annual Career Day on Friday, April 5th!
We aim to provide critical career information to empower youth and their families to reach their dreams of becoming professionals. We invite professionals from similar backgrounds as our students to sign up and volunteer to become a panelist and speak in two sessions that will focus on careers in your respective area.
The event will be “conference style” where students select up to two sessions from concurrent sessions. Each professional will be paired with one more professional and have roughly 25 mins to present, followed by a question and answer portion.
If you are available and interested, please confirm your participation by Wednesday, March 20th. Career Day will take place at Roosevelt High School which is located at 456 S. Mathews St, Los Angeles, CA 90033.
During the session, you will have (25) minutes to:
● Introduce yourself and provide a brief background about yourself;
● Briefly talk about your education and/or experience related to your profession. Please feel free to share the things that helped you succeed as well as challenges you faced and how you overcame those challenges;
● Describe how you became interested and how you got into your profession. Please share highlights about your profession as well as a brief description of your day-to-day responsibilities
We hope you are able to join us!
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: